Anyway to exit out of GentooX back to my EvoX Dashboard?

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
gmackenz

Anyway to exit out of GentooX back to my EvoX Dashboard?

Post by gmackenz »

As "halt" powers off my Xbox in the end...I'd like to not have to get up from my couch and hit the power button (opening my glass door to my AV cabinet...Geez I'm so lazy!).

I know there are ways to mod the case to install a power-IR but I like my case un-modded for now. :?
MountainSlide
Linux User

Post by MountainSlide »

Have you tried reboot?
Ron
Icehawk

Post by Icehawk »

reboot
Visit http://www.robertselectronics.com for your new computer today!

"Mess with the best, Die like the rest"
gmackenz

"reboot" how quaint...

Post by gmackenz »

I should have known... :oops: ...Got a bit muddled as I am used to Solaris and other *nixs and seemed to have forgot that even my current fav, OS X, uses "reboot". I assume I need not have to issue the "sync" command before hand, like I used to years ago with Old-Style O.G. Solaris.
Scocou
Novice

Post by Scocou »

I assume I need not have to issue the "sync" command before hand, like I used to years ago with Old-Style O.G. Solaris.
You assume correctly :) Oh by the way, I have always found the old 'three-finger-salute', namely <ctrl><alt><del> to work wonders if you're too lazy to type reboot;) If you're anally-retentive, like me, you could <ctrl><d> to logout first, but it's not necessary.