Screen streatch, hopefully easy fix

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
h1p1n3

Screen streatch, hopefully easy fix

Post by h1p1n3 »

I jstu got everything installed and working great! However, about an inch is cut off each side fo the screen, anyone know of any fixes for this? script, command or somethign, Its not the resolution, it seems, its jsut outstreched just a litle too far. Thanks in advance!
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

Try increasing the hoc and voc in xbvset.
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
Kdawg
Linux User

Post by Kdawg »

Im currently having the same problem. How do I get to xbvset?
Trevante
Power user

Re: Screen streatch, hopefully easy fix

Post by Trevante »

h1p1n3 wrote:I jstu got everything installed and working great! However, about an inch is cut off each side fo the screen, anyone know of any fixes for this? script, command or somethign, Its not the resolution, it seems, its jsut outstreched just a litle too far. Thanks in advance!
If you have a 1.6, the only way to solve this is to run Gentoox in 480p mode. Otherwise, there isn't a fix for that right now.
Kdawg
Linux User

Post by Kdawg »

I am running it in 480p mode, or at least thats what I set it to in xbvset. How do you get to hoc and voc?
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

Kdawg wrote:I am running it in 480p mode, or at least thats what I set it to in xbvset. How do you get to hoc and voc?
If I remember correctly from your other thread, you have a 1.6. In that case, you can't change hoc (horizontal overscan correction) or voc (vertical overscan correction) because the video encoder in 1.6's doesn't support overscan correction, thus xbvset doesn't let you change those options, as changing them would be useless.
Kdawg
Linux User

Post by Kdawg »

I see, hmm, I am going to try switching it to composite.
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

Kdawg wrote:I see, hmm, I am going to try switching it to composite.
Why? That will only make the overscan problem worse.
Kdawg
Linux User

Post by Kdawg »

Oh, I was just going to try it because it was the only other video setting. Any other suggestions on how to fix it?
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

Yes, get an older Xbox.
Kdawg
Linux User

Post by Kdawg »

lol, I probably am going to soon actually. I hate the damn 1.6, Im looking into switching the mobo and psu to an older one.
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

Cool, also, if you do get an older Xbox, get your RAM upgraded, it'll make Gentoox run a lot faster.