Files for Shutdown and Reboot

Request new features that might make using Gentoox better.
althena77
Novice

Files for Shutdown and Reboot

Post by althena77 »

Hello!!

After I created a new user I deleted the user gentoox as I was never going to log into Gentoox by him. However by deleting the home directory I deleted the files to reboot and shutdown the system in KDE. I know how to do this with the commandline but I still would be very happy if someone could send me these two files by email or someone here could explain me how two recreate.

My email-address is: --------

Thank you very much :)
Last edited by althena77 on Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

the files will most likely be in /etc/skel when you create a new user you should use the -m switch which will copy the contents of /etc/skel to /home/$user
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
althena77
Novice

Post by althena77 »

Thank you very much for your reply. I just checked the content of /etc/skel but the files .shutdown and .reboot are not there. I guess that they were made by ShALLaX and he put them in /home/gentoox only. I checked the menue-entries of my newly created user and from root again and the entries System -> reboot and System -> shutdown all refer to /home/gentoox/.reboot oder .shutdown.

Could still someone send them to me by mail or tell me how to create them myself??

Greetings
althena77
althena77
Novice

Post by althena77 »

Allright I got the files. No more help needed :)