where can i learn what this article is about?

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
jakin
Novice

where can i learn what this article is about?

Post by jakin »

News: Ext3 retraction

I know a lot of people are going to hate me for this... but after debating for a long long time, I've decided to go back to reiserfs. The reason? Freespace optimisation. The same data that goes into Gentoox on a rieserfs rootfs doesnt even fit into an ext3 rootfs. This is criminally inefficient. Now that sparkle exists, I no longer feel that its necessary to use ext3 since any corruption problems can be fixed quite easily. What I am going to look into now is integrating sparkle into the next gentoox release (i.e. adding a button for it into cromwell and having it installed on the hard drive). Also, I think I will keep the rootfs at 4gb.
msnyder
Adept

Post by msnyder »

nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
Rickz0rz
Novice

Post by Rickz0rz »

Is GentooX going to switchoff to Reiser4?
(>'.')>
msnyder
Adept

Post by msnyder »

Rickz0rz wrote:Is GentooX going to switchoff to Reiser4?
not anymore... :cry:
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

Gentoox currently runs on reiserfs 3.x this is the version that is stable and included in the 2.4.x and 2.6.x kernels

Reiserfs 4 is not yet stable but when it is released as stable I'm sure it will make its way into the kernel and on to our systems
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?