3D gforce drivers!

Request new features that might make using Gentoox better.
loki
Linux User

3D gforce drivers!

Post by loki »

im getting so tired of waiting for those damned 3d drivers for xbox-linux..... the drivers should be first priorityfor the xbox-linux project!!!
ive been waiting forever for them to develope them but the "TO-DO" list it still says that they are working on it. i doubt that they are.. if they are then they need to post there progress...

Loki
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

I am sure they are working on it. As it is the xbox runs linux very well. I can't see why you need 3d acceleration. Although it will make a difference you are hardly going to be able to run very much with a 733MHz processor and 64Mb of RAM. If you want to play games then play xbox games.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

I am sure they are working on it. Have you checked the CVS.
As it is the xbox runs linux very well. I can't see why you need 3d acceleration. Although it will make a difference you are hardly going to be able to run very much with a 733MHz processor and 64Mb of RAM. If you want to play games then play xbox games.
Sniper Fox
Adept

Post by Sniper Fox »

nobspangle wrote:If you want to play games then play xbox games.
Careful what you say here. There is no LEGAL way to run both linux and xbox games on the same xbox (you have to use illegally hacked MS BIOS rather than 100% legal cromwell).
loki
Linux User

Post by loki »

thats right.... and i want the drivers so i can play quake2 and 3 on the linux.... i have the linux versions here too so i want to play a network game with them. but there is no 3d suppoprt as of now so im screwed :x
fuz
Power user

Post by fuz »

Careful what you say here. There is no LEGAL way to run both linux and xbox games on the same xbox (you have to use illegally hacked MS BIOS rather than 100% legal cromwell).
if you have a pinheader bios you can put a disable switch on it and that will enable you to play xbox games..
that is providing you are the owner of the original disc which you should be because piracy is illegal and robs the proprietors of the gaming companies and that is wrong...
Last edited by fuz on Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
127.0.0.1, wherever you go.. there you are!
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

Sniper Fox wrote:
You could have a modchip with a cromwell bios and a chip disable switch. You can play xbox games then flick a switch to enable your modchip and you can boot gentoox.
fuz
Power user

Post by fuz »

hehe snap :P
127.0.0.1, wherever you go.. there you are!