Flashing Green LED after FTP install

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
yabel
Linux User

Flashing Green LED after FTP install

Post by yabel »

I followed the instuctions on a FTP install form Tuts and put Gentoox on F drive. After I went through all setup steps on Gentoox (resolution,inputs,Gui, and so on) the xbox went through a reboot. I launched from XBE it opens screen with BOOT I choose XFAT thinkin thats loadin xbox setup. It then asks about SPARKLE or GENTOOX, I choose gentoox since tut said not to ftp sparkle. It loads a few files then teh screen goes black andled flashes Green.
Any Help??
I have a softmod with xbmc as dash with a 200 gig hdd.
where on Evox.ini do i add the line ?
Item "Gentoox","E:\gentooxx.xbe"

Ive went back and reread tut and I see that I should ftp over sparkle.gz so I did and even tryed to launch sparkle when prompted and I still get flasj=hin green.
After going through MENU I see in LED info flashin green is GOOD-BUSY but I have waited 5 mins with nothing.
How long it take to loadup?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

What kind of video output are you using? Can you try doing the install from the disc?
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
yabel
Linux User

Post by yabel »

I used Composite Since im usin the normal Xbox wires. I have it set to ntsc 800x600. I tryed the disk install but for some reason my xbox wouldnt se it even though that media works in that drive (ive used many backups so done that many times).
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Hrm, try 640x480. What version of xbox... what video encoder?
yabel
Linux User

Post by yabel »

I have a 1.0 v and I think it was convex
yabel
Linux User

Post by yabel »

How I change any of those settings? I see them in Menu/advanced.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Hrm, I think there were issues with Cromwell and v1.0s. You might be out of luck.
yabel
Linux User

Post by yabel »

AAAAAahhhhh
Man I was hopin this was the xbox app to allow me to surf net and goto sites that use flash videos like youtube,funnyordie and so on. Any suggestions?
I tryed X-dsl, and linkboxs and both are too old of builds to do it.
Xbmc has some scripts and plugins but its a pain that there is only a few to use.
Any ideas to help me?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Can only suggest trying to boot from a different dash... or trying to use a modchip.
yabel
Linux User

Post by yabel »

Weird how it installed but when it goes toload after install it seems to lock up.
yabel
Linux User

Post by yabel »

Well Ive went back and tried anything that my Linuxless mind could think of without success. I tryed lookin at my settings to see if I had something that wasnt compatible. I see nothing that flags me. Its weird it loads where I can see GENTOOX LOADER (xbe) v6.07 Cd/dvd,Fatx,net boot, Web boot, and Advanced. Once I click FatX it asks Gentoox or Sparkle both with load 2 .gz files that say OK then it flashes on screen and goes Black. My Led light flashes Green. Any ideas what I can do to get it to load.
Ive tried loadin Xbe from XBMC newest build,Avalaunch, and Boxexplorer all get same result.
This is driving me crazy not gettin it to work and being so close.
yabel
Linux User

Post by yabel »

Update.. I have 4 xbox controllers and the 2 with Xbox on them wont let Gentoox load but the 2 with Halo2 on them will. Thx