Using XBOXHDM to transfer files for gentoox

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
wany

Using XBOXHDM to transfer files for gentoox

Post by wany »

Hey i am new to this whole xboxlinux thing i saw that how you need mechassault the game for you to do the hack so you would get the linux option the xboxdashboard
well my question are
1-I don;t have mechassult neither can t get it
can i use xboxHDM fatx browser to copy the files over needed so that you would have linux launcher option in the MS dash

2- Can i also use xboxhdm fatx browser to copy the files needed over to the xbox harddrive so that i can run LINUS OS

i would like to run linux along side my xboxdash so that i can still play xbox games i can't use the mechassault hack because i don't have mechassault
so i want to fatx browser in xboxhdm and copy the files over

I would just like some tell me where ot put these files and any other necessary thing i would need to know

i have already red up on how to install LINUX SO from using mechassult
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

maybe, but without a gamesave exploit or reflashing your TSOP or modchip, you wont be able to boot into linux when all the files are where they need to be
wany

Post by wany »

if i use a softmodded xbox an xbox with UNLEASHX dashboard how woudl i go about booting linux OS through UnleashX i have heard one of 2 ppl on other forum tlak about it but they where very unclear about about it
i have also heard about XBMC is porting linux to so you would have an option about this

Is it possibel to lauch linux through UnleashX??

Also can';t i just replace the files needed so that i will have xboxlinux option on my MSdash??
clpalmer
Power user

Post by clpalmer »

Read my answer to your other post in the other forum. Also, the same people read all the forums here, so please don't post the same question in more than one forum.

The gist of it is yes, you can do what you want to, but you won't get much help here, as unleashx is illegal. Look around X-S forums for help on unleashx and how to load the gentoox loader xbe.
wany

Post by wany »

well i am memmber for XS so i haev looked there already
clpalmer
Power user

Post by clpalmer »

Well, like I said, you won't get much help here, as it's illegal stuff =) Use the gentoox loader xbe file and treat it just like you would another app/game/dashboard/etc. If you can get UnleashX to execute it, it should be enough for you to boot from the CD/DVD and install gentoox.

As for the "get UnleashX to execute it", you should be able to get more info on setting that up from google/X-S.