I can do everything myself but...

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
xxbaoxx

I can do everything myself but...

Post by xxbaoxx »

...I just need two questions answered if you guys are able to do so.

1) First off, when I install Gentoox (I've heard many great things about it - Xbox Gentoox or PC Gentoo), will I lose any ability that I currently have with my regular modded box? Right now I have a smartxx chip and was wondering if I would still be able to use Xbox Media Center [or even play backups the way I can right now].

2) Secondly, when I finally get around to actually installing it, will Gentoox format any part of my box's hdd? I have tons of movies/music/games on my xbox as I use it as a backup of my computer, mainly. I wouldn't mind backing my box's hdd up but I just want to make sure that I would ABSOLUTELY NEED to (only if Gentoos is gonna format or delete anything - 80 gigs of stuff takes ages to transfer via ftp)

If you fellas/ladies out there can answer these questions, I will be extremely greatfull...I appreciate the effort.

-edit- make that three questions

3) I'm sure it's possible but I wanna know for sure - can I dual boot evox and Gentoox?

Thanx again, peoples.
zlasher
Adept

Post by zlasher »

Yes, yes yes and yes.. :lol:

Gentoox installs as files to e:\ where you can start it from your dashboard (ie. evox). It does not format your drives, you can run xbmc.

If you want to there is also a way to install gentoox natively - where you format your drives and loose all normal xbox game-functions - but this will not happen by accident :wink:

Steinar T
Xbox v1.1, Xtender, Xecuter 3CE
Gentoox Pro 4.1 native
http://xboxlinux.mine.nu
xxbaoxx

Post by xxbaoxx »

good show, bud! i appreciate the time and answers.