Installing with Xecuter 3CE

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
lingenfr

Installing with Xecuter 3CE

Post by lingenfr »

I have an Xecuter and a 500GB harddrive installed. I have XBMC installed as my default dashboard. I primarily use my xbox as a mythtv frontend using the xbmcmythtv script. Both the script and the functionality in XBMC are not as capable as the normal mythtv-frontend. I would like to load Gentoox and the Mythtv-frontend in a non-destructive way so that the xbox can still be used for games. I have done some searching here and on the net, but can't find a good step-by-step how-to. Can anyone point me toward one or give me some instructions? Thanks.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Re: Installing with Xecuter 3CE

Post by ShALLaX »

Just install Gentoox home in the normal way (don't "initialise" your hard drive and don't flash your modchip). Once installed, launch with gentooxx.xbe... then start messing around with it to install MythTV :)
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
lingenfr

Re: Installing with Xecuter 3CE

Post by lingenfr »

I finally got Gentoox installed. I think that I had a bad burn on my DVD-R. After a lot of tries I got it going. I have a 500GB and I can rebuild it if I need to. After a lot of failed attempts to do an E or F install, I gave up and initialized and did a native install. Once there, I could not figure out how to install mythtv-frontend. I looked at Gentoox MCE and that looked like the ticket so I installed that. It appears that your default is a backend/frontend. I ssh'd in and edited /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt to point at my backend. However, no joy. I am not seeing any options for livetv and my microsoft remote does not seem to be recognized. I am continuing to work on it, but if you have any advice or can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I have no experience with Gentoo. I tried it a number of years ago but found it too complicated. I have quite a lot of experience with *buntu.