Can't seem to find the way into the GUI

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
k7a

Can't seem to find the way into the GUI

Post by k7a »

Hi, I'm new to Gentoox and Linux in general, and I've been pouring over all the material I could find in the readmes and the internet for the last few hours and I'm convinced I will not figure this out on my own. I've gone through all the typical processes to get Gentoox installed on an xbox I just got from a friend, and as far as I know I got Gentoox Home 7.1 installed with no errors, but I just can't seem to find my way into any kind of GUI even though Home is apparently supposed to be the easy way to do this. Everything boots as expected and I get to the command line, but beyond that I'm lost can't find any indication of what to type or do. Most any typical command results in some kind of an invalid profile message. I'm starting to think I'm a couple of PHDs away from being able to operate Linux at all...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Re: Can't seem to find the way into the GUI

Post by ShALLaX »

You should re-install and make sure you answer all of the first-boot questions correctly. It sounds like the UI is failing to load because you may have aborted the script.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo