Focus, RGB, 31KHz: is it possible?

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
Trebaruna

Focus, RGB, 31KHz: is it possible?

Post by Trebaruna »

Unfortunately, searches of Google and these forums did not get me a good answer.

The question is simple: will Gentoox output RGB with HSync of 31KHz or above on a Focus box? (For use on a VGA monitor)

The answer seems hard to find. The xbox-linux wiki VGA HOWTO notes that VGA doesn't work on 'newer models' (namely Focus, Xcalibur), but names outdated BIOS and linux release versions.

Cromwell, it appears, does not support it. When I plug in my homemade cable (cable id 2, just RGB signals) nothing happens. When I plug my standard issue composite cable back the picture is in colour but horizontally displaced.
I know my monitor supports SOG and can in fact display a picture from my Xbox, since I tested that with a hacked MS bios. The problem with that is legality, and the fact that it was a debug bios.

Could there be a script, piece of software or perhaps setting which I could not find that will help me here?