Best adapter to use keyboard and mouse

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
FlamingGooch
Novice

Best adapter to use keyboard and mouse

Post by FlamingGooch »

Hey everyone, I was just wondering what is the cheapest way to use a keyboard and mouse on Gentoox, besides builing one yourself. I know they sell adapters and I was just curious which one works the best and which one is cheapest. Thanks in advance.
jaysan
Novice

Post by jaysan »

Suggest getting a USB adapter - you can use that with any standard USB keyboard - or even get two for a USB mouse too. I paid approximately $10 Australian (you can convert that to whatever currently you use) on ebay
jaysan
Novice

Post by jaysan »

sorry, i meant to say that you can convert that to whatever currency you use
FlamingGooch
Novice

Post by FlamingGooch »

Cool thanks for the input. I was wondering, would this work in Linux? http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/zz-xb-xfps
jaysan
Novice

Post by jaysan »

I don't think you should have any problems It looks like a basic passthrough for ps2 devices - the following link only mentions some issues with certain modded xboxes -but not sure if yours falls into the same category:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep ... JudrSM.php
roofus
Novice

Post by roofus »

That won't give you keyboard support.

I makes the mouse and keyboard emulate the xbox controller. So the mouse would work but your keyboard wouldn't.
jaysan
Novice

Post by jaysan »

If what he says above is the case (I have read external forums and havent found people having issues though), you may want to consider just buying 2 XBOX port - USB adapters for a USB mouse and USB keyboard. It will cost you approximately the same amount as buying this PS2 adapter, and its likely a more safer option.