Media Center FTP Install

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
rsmith4321

Media Center FTP Install

Post by rsmith4321 »

I've been able to successfully install the home version. But the Media Center version has a different file structure and I can't figure out how to FTP the files and then do an install from the Hard Disk. Is there a different procedure?

Also, I was getting terrible performance with my Home edition Install. It was so slow in Firefox that is was almost unusable. It might just be the limit of the 64MB of Ram, but is there a way to speed it up? I tried a Native F drive install using Resctoox, but I wasn't sure if I did it right. Using FTP on my PC, the Xbox F drive looked blank after the Install which might be normal because of the different file system. Also, I tried to delete some of my original Gentoox files that were still on my E drive, and it would no longer boot. I thought it would boot off the F drive after the Native install. So I guess my question is, how do I tell if the F Native install was done correctly, and do I still need some files to be left on the E drive after a Native install. Thanks for the help, I have tried searching for the answers and I can't seem to find them. Thanks.

Oh, and does anyone know a good source for ram chips?
lidback
Linux User

Post by lidback »

Try to post in the right forum to get an answer. this post belongs in Q&A in forum gentoox media center.
xbox 1.6
DuoX2 with gentoox bios
400 gigabytes x 2 harddrivers
home v4.0
loaded with: apache, php, mysql, samba, webmin