MCE-format F:??? *worried*

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
crowe

MCE-format F:??? *worried*

Post by crowe »

Hmm, i'm confused...i have recently installed gentoox home edit (3.1) to my original xbox HDD (my xbox is chipped and used the stardust.iso from cd...etc). I am installing it to my original HDD to 'test' what it is like and to protect my games/personal files on my larger (120gig) HDD. if all goes well i plan to install gentoox on my larger hdd. i read here [http://gentoox.shallax.com/modules.php? ... e&artid=83] that "NOTE THAT INSTALLING GENTOOX MEDIA CENTER WILL TOTALLY WIPE EVERYTHING ON YOUR F: PARTITION."

i want to install MCE on my larger HDD BUT i definately don't want to wipe my F partition :? (or any partition for that matter!).
-is there any way to not format any partitions when installing MCE?
-if not, what programs (on KDE) can i use as an alternative? and can these programs play dvds? (if so how?)

i know i have put a lot down (sorry) but any help would be appreciated (as i have searched the forums and webpages but just get more confused :oops: )

Thanks a lot :)
lotw
Pro

Re: MCE-format F:??? *worried*

Post by lotw »

i want to install MCE on my larger HDD BUT i definately don't want to wipe my F partition :? (or any partition for that matter!).
-is there any way to not format any partitions when installing MCE?
-if not, what programs (on KDE) can i use as an alternative? and can these programs play dvds? (if so how?)
Then don't install MCE, it does wipe out F: no option.