Error in Installing Linux with Gentoox Installer

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
coe_dRuMMeRbOi07

Error in Installing Linux with Gentoox Installer

Post by coe_dRuMMeRbOi07 »

so I have done this install process about 20 times now, and we are stuck on an error right now. the error says, "error unmounting swap partition" (i think thats what it says its hard to read). i dont know how to get past it, although i do know that when asked what partition to use, "e" is the only option. i do not have 3.5 g open on my e drive, and i have plenty on f, but it is not an option on the screen to select them. how do i do this?
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

you need 3.5 GBs of space on E even if you want to install to F
The installer extracts the files to E, patches them and then copies them over to F. Make some temporay space on E first
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
coe_dRuMMeRbOi07

well i made sure that there is enough room on my e partition (theres actually like 4g), and the error is still coming up. any ideas?
Last edited by coe_dRuMMeRbOi07 on Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
coe_dRuMMeRbOi07

so it copies automatically... does that mean i can delete everything off my e drive when its done and the files will work off of f?
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

If you install to F the big files (rootfs and swap) are placed on F all the other files go on E and must remain there
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?