getting stardust to install off hdd

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
tewy
Linux User

getting stardust to install off hdd

Post by tewy »

hi guys im new to gentoox and am having trouble installing .v1.0 xb x2.2lite,with latest cromwell,boots to cromwell fine does all checks fine but when extrcting roottfs it crashes at 19%have tried a few different disks but still same prob same place,have tried all installs e,f and native,but each crash at 19%,i have 200 gig but read it could b bcause of that so tried e,so i tried to install by ftping files over to e drive but when cromwell starts the only icon i can choose is the cd the hdd is dulled out how do i get it to load off hdd do i need a different bios/loader
tewy
Linux User

loader

Post by tewy »

have just tried loader v4 but hdd is still not highlighted neither is sparkle, only cd rom to boot stardust any help,only have thompson drive so am limited to media i can burn it to
lotw
Pro

Re: getting stardust to install off hdd

Post by lotw »

tewy wrote:hi guys im new to gentoox and am having trouble installing .v1.0 xb x2.2lite,with latest cromwell,boots to cromwell fine does all checks fine but when extrcting roottfs it crashes at 19%have tried a few different disks but still same prob same place,have tried all installs e,f and native,but each crash at 19%,i have 200 gig but read it could b bcause of that so tried e,so i tried to install by ftping files over to e drive but when cromwell starts the only icon i can choose is the cd the hdd is dulled out how do i get it to load off hdd do i need a different bios/loader
If it is failing while installing the filesystem but formats and check fine then it is you disc. It is either corrupt or you drive isn't reading it well. If you have a spare PC DVD drive and a power splitter you can try hooking that up instead of the Xbox one for the installation, then when completed hook the Xbox one up again. If you have a Thomson I would recommend that or burning the Gentoox installation on a DVD-R instead of a CDR/CDRW.
tewy
Linux User

cheers

Post by tewy »

thanx it was the disk got a diff 1 and all works well