Focus

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
triharas

Focus

Post by triharas »

I have thefocus problem using Gentoox. So I use Xebian for the moment. Can I cope with this problem without using a router? Can I install Win 98 GR 2nd edition using Gentoox. Is it full compatible with my XBOx console. Can I install windows software such as winrar, virtual dub etc. Is it fast enough?
DOGSMAN
Adept

Post by DOGSMAN »

I did'nt think there was a focus problem, as long as your on the net. I went through this problem for ages. I'm a dumb ass cos the info is on the gentoox site in tutorials. The info can be a little hard to pick up but alot of the stuff is very simple. Here's a quick tutorial for you to install gentoox with focus support.

Install gentoox.
Run magic and select a few options.
After around 4 to 10 hours magic will complete.
You now have focus support.
Reboot and run gentoox and all should be well.

I'm only a newbie myself but this sounds good to me. Can one of you pro's tell me if i'm right or wrong.
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

DOGSMAN is pretty much spot on. I suggest reading the focus tutorial to get all the facts.

On the installing Windows 98 subject,
You can do it but I wouldn't bother. I'd look for programs that run in linux that do what you need.
Rar files can be (de)compressed on linux boxes using rar install by typing emerge rar
I'm not too up on video editing under linux but there are loads of programs in portage. Maybe somebody can suggest a good one?
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?