Lots a help needed!

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
MJ1331L

Lots a help needed!

Post by MJ1331L »

ok people...well i recently installed gentoox pro [eh gonna re do it to home, cause i need programs], but unfortunately, i can't get the xbox to boot by itself...without the stardust.iso disk!

first time around, the stardust.iso disk wouldn't flash the chip...then i took the chip out and tried to flash it, wouldn't work, and i'm having a hard time doing it through ssh...eh.

previously [when it was an xbox], it was using executer2 bios, but when i take the stardust.iso disk i get error 13, but when i leave it in it boots [under the xbox logo it says executer2] to the gentoox loader...help!

so any suggestions here? i've got a chameleon chip solderless! 120gig hd. eh. tomorrow i'm goign to install home first thing...and all that other jazz...

also does gentoox go BEYOND the dos-like format? i hope it does! hehe i've read all the tuts on installing, and i just end up where i am (which i just described). PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

cheers
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

I think error 13 is a hard drive problem. Hope you've got a backup :wink:
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
lotw
Pro

Post by lotw »

nobspangle wrote:I think error 13 is a hard drive problem. Hope you've got a backup :wink:
Error 13 is a Dashboard Not Found Error. It sould like it didn't re-flash your chip and it is still trying to boot the dashboard off of C or F. Here is a link to the Xbox Error Codes. http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/errorcodes.php
MJ1331L

Post by MJ1331L »

ok so today i used my evox boot disk to see what exactly was on my drive...and there was absolutely nothing in C!? E had all the files...

the first time i did this i performed a native install cause i'm not gonna use this xbox for gaming anymore...uhhhhhh could this be THE PROBLEM? thanks! :-D

also besides the gentoox home cd that u make, is there any other things u need in order for this to run? cheers!
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

The pro installer formats all the partitions (if you tell it to) so you need to flash your modchip with cromwell. You may need to flash the chip yourself if it is not supported by raincoat.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?