Problem with video

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
triharas

Problem with video

Post by triharas »

Hello everybody. I am a newbie and I want to ask some questions about Genntoox. I have Xbox v1.2 with Aladdin Advance Modchip and I have downloaded the latest version of Gentoox Home Edition. I have install it with the FTP way to the xbox's "e" drive and when I boot gentooxx.xbe the screen firstly is Green and then it scrambls flickery. I have read this tutorial "Installing Sparkle and Gentoox Loader (Adds Focus support!)" but I can't login because of the screen problem. What I have to do? Furthermore, I have connected 1 usb port. Can I connect a cable that converts usb to 2 ps/2 for keyboard and Mouse?
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Re: Problem with video

Post by nobspangle »

triharas wrote:I have Xbox v1.2 with Aladdin Advance Modchip and I have downloaded the latest version of Gentoox Home Edition..
Are you sure your xbox is 1.2, your problem sounds like a focus encoder but 1.2 xboxes don't have focus encoders.
Either way you can fix it by connecting via ssh and running magic.
triharas wrote:Can I connect a cable that converts usb to 2 ps/2 for keyboard and Mouse?
If you have a convertor that provides ps/2 ports from a USB port then it might work, but you will have more success buying a cheap USB keyboard.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
triharas

Post by triharas »

Can I connect both keyboard and mouse at one port or I must add another port. Where I can download ssh and magic. Is there a tutorial how to do this?
DOGSMAN
Adept

Post by DOGSMAN »

You can connect the keyboard and mouse to the same port. I have one xbox to usb cable which i have hooked up to a cheap and nasty 4 port usb
hub and it works like a dream. Hope you sort your problem out bud. The tutorial for ssh is on the gentoox page.
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

If you are trying to connect via ssh from a Windows PC you need to download putty. Do a search for it on Google
triharas

Post by triharas »

I have corrected the focus problem and I bought a usb to ps/2 adapter. I have connected usb hardware but neither the ps/2 mouse and keyboard nor the usb mouse I have connected is working. :cry: I don't know how to fix it. Maybe I had to install a driver? :?
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

I did warn you