Problems with "magic f-drive"

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
Lone

Problems with "magic f-drive"

Post by Lone »

(I'm new to GentooX and "Linux on Xbox," but I'm a Sr UNIX Sysadmin, who's used Linux for about 6 years now. I've got a V1.0 Xbox, with a Xenium Ice modchip, default booting the latest Xecuter BIOS.)

Here's the story so far:

So I installed GentooX by FTPing the contents of distro.rar from the Stardust ISO to the root of my E: drive, and adding a line to EvoX.ini for the .xbe loader.

Works great, except that I don't want to leave GentooX there. After the install, my E: drive only has 50mb free or so. I'd like to move it to the F: drive, where I've got 40+gb free.

I logged into the box from console, and ran magic f-drive. Everything seemed to go okay, and the Xbox rebooted. However, none of the files were copied to F:, and the rootfs on E: was corrupted (lots of ReiserFS errors), and I got a login prompt- not the XFCE screen I was expecting.

Any thoughts? I'm going to try things again tonite, but I was just wondering if there's something I did wrong....

Thanks!

Adam
Rake

Same happened to me, but worse.

Post by Rake »

After doing magic f-drive, Not only were files not moved to the F drive, but when I rebooted, I lost my rootfs and swap off the E drive. After a day of updates via the network, and then doing the magic f-drive, this really torqued me off.
=====
//signed by The Dude//
Famous Quote by daughter Elizabeth Margaret:
"If I was them cows, I'd run away!"
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

These scripts are veeeery touchy. I strongly recommend people dont use them.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo