Sometimes hanging at "updating environment"

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
althena77
Novice

Sometimes hanging at "updating environment"

Post by althena77 »

Hi!!

When I am booting Gentoox (Home 3.0, installed on f:, fully updated with magic) about every second try it is hanging when it says "updating environment" on the screen. As it seems there is nothing else I could do I always wait a few seconds and just turn the XBox off and on again. Normally at the second try Gentoox boots sucessfully. But as this happens quite often I still would like to know, if this could damage the system and if there is something I could do to avoid this happening.

BTW, Thank You very much for this great OS for the XBox :D

Greetings
althena77
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Try sparkle.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
althena77
Novice

Post by althena77 »

Seems that this helped :) I did not even knew before about sparkle, but well, it was not that hard to find it and find out what it is and how it is used ;) I booted Gentoox know six times since I ran sparkle and it did not even hang once :D

Thank you very much again personally for making Gentoox :) It is actually very handy for me, as I am staying very often in a dormitory of the university I am studying at now and I do not want to buy a second PC just because of this :wink: