Video standard auto res+more help please.

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
DOGSMAN
Adept

Video standard auto res+more help please.

Post by DOGSMAN »

so i've installed Gentoox v3 home and i'm running xvkbd (v2.5). Everything looks good, i can access the net which gives me a tingle. There is a whole new world for me to play with. My biggest problem is that i'd never heard of Linux untill a few month ago, so all the commands and related stuff is gobbledygook to me. I'm slowly picking the tutorials up, but there's a few things a can't find so i'm posting for help.
Some of my problems.

Video standard auto x res ( something or another, i only seen the line once). Is this something to do with the resolution. At the mo the text on screen is too small to read. I remember the installer saying that i could find the video standard thingy in the tutorials, well i can't...

No sound. When the box booted after install and gentoox loaded up i got an error saying something to do with the sound. Is there a patch i need. I have full access to the net through gentoox so i can download if need be...

I have allso installed xfce and tinkered with the root user stuff. Now that i'm using xvkbd (v2.5) i cannot find the program for root user...

I know i ask alot but understand that i have only just been born, and in time i will grow and maybe share my seeds with others.
DOGSMAN
Adept

Post by DOGSMAN »

So i guess i was barking up the wrong tree there.