problems to access /mnt/fatx/f

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
veste

problems to access /mnt/fatx/f

Post by veste »

hi!

installed gentoox pro via ftp, boot from evox ok. done the hole magic-thing, so display also ok. i've installed mldonkey for some reasons :wink: ,but
the problem is, that the most things to download wouldn't fit into the gentoox-partition, so i'd like to use my f-drive (i've an 160gb hd in it).

PROBLEM: i can access /mnt/fatx/e without any problems, but if i want to access /mnt/fatx/f i only see 100+ files with 0 bytes and date something-1970!?! i've remouted the disk. helped nothing.

any ideas?

thx.
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

gentoox doesn't like F drives bigger than 137GB so you may need to split it into an F and a G
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
veste

howto

Post by veste »

nobspangle wrote:gentoox doesn't like F drives bigger than 137GB so you may need to split it into an F and a G
fu******** sh*** my F is 144G. i hate it.

do you know how to split, without deleting everything?
or maybe how to split anyway?

thx!
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

If you change your xbox bios to use seperate F and G then format G you may not loose any data.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
veste

Post by veste »

nobspangle wrote:If you change your xbox bios to use seperate F and G then format G you may not loose any data.
japadooo - it works. new bios, f formated 123gb, g formated 21gb.

thanks for your help.