stardust question

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
Ylanday69
Novice

stardust question

Post by Ylanday69 »

hi guys, last night i figured out how to boot the stardust command prompt instead of going into the installation, i followed the instructions on reflashing the chip and uploaded the bios to a ftp site fine but the stardust couldn't reach it. i tried opening the net file but that didnt wanna go either, i dont have a firewall and the network is sweet. I really need to get it reflashed so i can boot the xbox normally. My other idea was to ask if there's anyway to delete files of the e partition (from stardust)so that i can do a re-install, get the net goin and then reflash the chip from there.
I tried putting my old 8-10 gig hdd back in and tried doing a native f install but that didnt wanna go same as e so if theres a way i can delete files to free up some room i can reinstall and fix the bios
thx greatly in advance
winterborne
Pro

Post by winterborne »

uploaded the bios to a ftp site fine but the stardust couldn't reach it. i tried opening the net file but that didnt wanna go either, i dont have a firewall and the network is sweet.
In laymans terms you mean...?
Ylanday69
Novice

Post by Ylanday69 »

Whateva, i've had enough. check my other post if ya wanna know whats up, and dont ask for a link its right there in the list.