almost done but i need more help

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
whitewizard
Linux User

almost done but i need more help

Post by whitewizard »

well ive installed gentoox, done first boot, now working on change of ip....but that is not my question. all i need to know is, since my screen is all garbled i dont know how to click on hard drive bootup instead of cd drive at the gentoox bootup screen. some how on my first try i got lucky but now i cant get to it. what switches between the cd and hard drive since i cant see?? right left triggers? the d-pad? or what.. save me nobspangle! :D
winterborne
Pro

Post by winterborne »

Hopefully nobspangle won't need to correct me again, but I believe the D-pad switches, (HD left;CD right) and the default is HD.
whitewizard
Linux User

Post by whitewizard »

thanks winterborne, with this problem of flickering screen i think the tutorial should be more drawn out.... im kind of doing this blindly.....so if it is defaulted on HD why does my damn gentoox not load! :( .....my lights keep going red green orange. and another question, whats better KDE or that other damn thing that i loaded :?: i swear if i get this thing working i will make a new tutorial