New Xromwell BIOS on a CD-boot install

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
jerryhat

New Xromwell BIOS on a CD-boot install

Post by jerryhat »

My apologies if any of my terminology is incorrect, this is all very new to me.

I've just installed Gentoox Home onto my xbox using the non-BIOS flash 'e' option. Is it necessary to use the new xromwell bios (with sparkle) in some way to avoid the USB problem?

If so, how would I go about that, bearing in mind that the instructions with the new BIOS version are aimed at people who want to flash?

Many thanks for any answers.

Jerry
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

just miss out the line that about flashing your chip just rename xromwell.xbe to gentooxx.xbe and replace the one on you E drive then copy the two sparkle files to E:\ then if you know what you're doing, edit the new linuxboot.cfg and replace the old one with it. If you don't know how to edit linuxboot.cfg don't just run xbvset
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
jerryhat

Post by jerryhat »

Hi, thanks very much for your reply.

Would you be kind enough to clarify the final sentence for me? As it's possible to interpret it in two (opposite) ways.

> If you don't know how to edit linuxboot.cfg don't just run xbvset

What I imagine I have to do is copy the stuff over then run xbvset which will sort out my linuxboot.cfg for me, is that right?

Thanks again, Jerry
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

that's right
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?