my xbox wont recognize my burned copy of gentoox

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Hazard_tb3

my xbox wont recognize my burned copy of gentoox

Post by Hazard_tb3 »

:!: i have done the whole mech install thing and its all good but when i burn the gentooX to a cd my xbox cant recognize it i used a Memorex cd-rw 700mb 80min. 4x , do you know if the problem is the brand of cd or type of cd or the options i used when i burned it?my xbox has no mods on it exept the mech install thing. and it DOES say linux where it used to say xbox live, as of now when i enter the LINUX menu there is a pinguin and a bunch of words come up but when they are finished i cant do anything at all.

ps. i used nero to burn but i am unsure if i used the right options in burning it

please help with detailed text ........im new at this
here's to your HELLth
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

you cannot use mechasualt to install gentoox, you need to mod your box first (modchip, tsop flash, or font/audio hack)
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
Hazard_tb3

Post by Hazard_tb3 »

i dont know anything about that but what mod can i use with out any hardware changes cuz i dont have any money :( so the cd is probly good? what do i need to install gentoox ? help please
here's to your HELLth
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

if you don't want to buy anything and you can do a bit of soldering use the tsop flash.
If you want a software only mod use the font/audio hack but this isn't the place to find out about it try xbox-scene for details
Last edited by nobspangle on Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
Skunkalaxy
Linux User

Post by Skunkalaxy »

yes, you could install Gentoox by using Morden's audiohack (you'll need Mechassault or some Bond game) I think the easiest method is, install the audio hack, then follow the procedure to get into evox, then ftp the necessary gentoox files to you xbox, change the evox.ini config so that you can select Gentoox in the evox menu. Reboot you xbox and get back to evox to run gentoox. You'll find everyting you need to know on the xbox-scene forum. So you dont need a hardware mod, unless you do something really stupid ofcourse :wink:
Rickz0rz
Novice

Post by Rickz0rz »

On a side note, I had a problem whereas my Xbox wouldn't load the burned GentooX CD... at which point, I had to rip all the files off my CD, use an xIso creator, and burn that to a seperate 'boot disk', at which point I'd insert, and boot. Then I'd stick the original Stardust in when it requested it. Just thought I'd share. :)
(>'.')>