Installing GentooX on a plain hard disk

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Consolero
Linux User

Installing GentooX on a plain hard disk

Post by Consolero »

I got some serious problems installing GentooX on a plain hard disk.

What I did:
Bought an XBox HW Rev. 1.0, soldered the TSOP switches and exploited it with 007. I choosed Cromwell as Bios. Then I replaced the HDD with a new 120G disk and soldered 2 Standard USB Ports. Everything works fine with Xebian.

But I would like to try GentooX on my Box.

Ok, CD Image leeched, burned to disk, into the Box, lockup while loading. No problem, flashed the Stardust Bios, now boots without errors.

When the installer asked me for installation type, I choosed native. But when creating partitions it gives me an error. I know that the installer doesn't work if there are no FatX partitions available.

Can anyone help me?
Consolero
Linux User

Post by Consolero »

ShALLaX, PLEASE HELP!!!
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

I think you need to format your f drive in fatx first before you try to install gentoox even if you are going for a native install
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
Rickz0rz
Novice

Re: Installing GentooX on a plain hard disk

Post by Rickz0rz »

Consolero wrote:Then I replaced the HDD with a new 120G disk and soldered 2 Standard USB Ports. Everything works fine with Xebian.
Consolero wrote:I know that the installer doesn't work if there are no FatX partitions available.
Not sure if Xebian uses FatX, but if it doesn't, and you didn't format, there's your problem.
(>'.')>