Need help with post gentoox installation from CD

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
aikes

Need help with post gentoox installation from CD

Post by aikes »

Hi
i know these questions are probably newbish, i originally posted it in the newbie area but got no replies and i went online in the channel and no1 was there beside shallax.

i have just installed gentoox pro and installed it through the cd using the e method installation.

it booted fine and stop to the part where i have to enter my login details..and i dont know how to use the controller to enter it in? and what do i need to do to start seeing the gui interface? i dont want the command lines not until i got my keyboard for it =)

2nd question after i installed gentoox i cant load back into unleashX, the gentoox loader seem to taken over. what do i need to do to allow me to have my original unleash software and setting and gentoox together? coz now i cant even go and play my games or watch movies on it =(

any help would be greatly appreciated =)
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

1) You shouldn't be using Pro if you dont know how to get past this obstacle
2) Reflash your old BIOS and launch Gentoox either from a different BIOS bank or from E:/gentooxx.xbe
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo