USB keyboard boot error

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
souteneur3190
Novice

USB keyboard boot error

Post by souteneur3190 »

When I get to the getoox loader with my keyboard and mouse plugged in it doesnt show the 3 icons at the bottom but as soon as i pull it out they show up, and once I am able to load it up i plug them back in and everything works fine.

Is there a way I can set it so I wont have to take out and put back in my keyboard each time.
Xecuter 2
160gig HD
Unleash X, EVox
Gentoox Home 4.0
USB ports
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

unplug everything from the front ports till after its booting into gentoo, you should also look into updating your loader
souteneur3190
Novice

thanks but

Post by souteneur3190 »

orochi wrote:unplug everything from the front ports till after its booting into gentoo, you should also look into updating your loader
will this end the ploblem for good?
I have loader 5.11
Xecuter 2
160gig HD
Unleash X, EVox
Gentoox Home 4.0
USB ports
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

I have this same problem too.....

On a side note, when I had my 1.6, and gentoox loader (the xbe running off the HDD), I didn't have this problem. Then I swapped my mobo out for a 1.0 so I wouldn't have overscan, and I put Gentoox Loader on one of the banks of my TSOP split. Now if I have anything other than an Xbox controller plugged in (namely my DVD dongle and my USB hub), gX loader won't show any of the icons until they're unplugged. Not a huge problem, but it is kind of annoying. Anyone know a fix for this? I'm gonna try Cromwell later to see if it makes a difference...