Install problem with Gentoox

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
helious

Install problem with Gentoox

Post by helious »

Hey.. I have a problem.. I downloaded Gentoox Home 2.1 and unpacked Stardust.xbe and distro.xbe
then i copied all the files from distro.xbe to my E: and made a shortcut to gentooxx.xbe from Evo X..
But when i ran Gentooxx.xbe it aksed for my resolution and started linux up.. it did not install it.. it just started up.. i wathced the WATCHME and in that movie it installs.. What am i doing wrong?
antiflag6
Novice

Post by antiflag6 »

if its the first time ur starting up you have to set the resolution... once you do you wont need to again
helious

Post by helious »

Okay.. but whÿ does it not install? It just starts up Linux right away, and does not have a install process as in the video...?
XBoxgeek
Pro

Post by XBoxgeek »

If you copied the contents of the distro.iso to e you are all set (no need to install) If on the other hand you want to run Stardust as an installer burn the stardust.iso to cdr-w and boot that.

I have installed both pro & home (many times in the last couple of days :lol: ) by just copying over the contents of distro.iso. I only needed to install from stardust as I wanted to do a native install on f.

I hope that helps.
XBoxgeek
helious

Post by helious »

Thanks for the help! In the readme it says that these 3.5gb is temperarely... Well.. Gentooxx still fills out my 3.5 gigs and i was looking forward to installing my games again...