Writing drivers

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Chinny
Novice

Writing drivers

Post by Chinny »

Anyone know of a good place to start reading to learn to write drivers? I'd really like to get a driver up for my usb tv cap card through gentoox/mce
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Wrong forum.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
Chinny
Novice

Post by Chinny »

Should I repost? Or did you move it (and the other post) already? I like to post in the newb forums so no one flames.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

This was in the request forum.... as in "request new features for gentoox" ;p... which this isnt hehe
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
Chinny
Novice

Post by Chinny »

OMG, I had no idea. I could have swore that I made both posts in the newb section!
marcot

Re: Writing drivers

Post by marcot »

Chinny wrote:Anyone know of a good place to start reading to learn to write drivers? I'd really like to get a driver up for my usb tv cap card through gentoox/mce
I presume you've Googled for one for your device already, but have you tried contacting tech support for your device? They might know of one already out there.

Then I would try the Video4Linux people http://www.exploits.org/v4l/ via their mailing list.
Chinny
Novice

Post by Chinny »

Yeah- I've googled and tried working with someone else to try to get it working through the forums over at Gentoo. As to MSI (the company) I doubt they'd write the drivers, but I could give it a shot. I'm thinking that the product isn't very high up on their support list