Gentoox pro

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Desertboy
Novice

Gentoox pro

Post by Desertboy »

I want to create a gentoo install that goes straight to dosemu. So when I boot it gentoo I see that common dos prompt with networking setup.

Why?

Carmageddon

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-msdos ... 03135.html

Anyone for a bit of multiplayer.

so a couple of questions

1. I suppose this directed at Shallax, can I FTP an install from my xbox and to someone elses at it still work ok. (I guess if they have the same video encoder it should be fine but what about if I prepare it on my crystal xbox (1.4) and try to run it on a 1.1

2. I guess Gentoox pro drops us at a command prompt after the bootloader is setup with a bare install. I guess just setup networking, emerge sync, emerge dosemu, install dos, netware, etc... for dosemu. How do I autorun dosemu?

3. If it works well enough enough anyone else want a blast on carmageddon multiplayer (should work through tunneling software right?)
Help I haven't got a clue, Linux scares me and I don't know what to double click. Where's My computer, I don't see any setup.exe and my device manager is plain missing.
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

1. yes this is fine, even changing video encoder versions is OK, yoy may have to ssh in and run xbvset after you move it.
2. Gentoox pro does indeed drop you at a command prompt, so just do everything as you said. Make sure you have -X in your USE flags otherwise you'll end up compiling xfree. You can get programs to autorun at boot by sticking them into /etc/conf.d/local.start
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?