Home 3.1 - HD Support >137GB?? Read F drive on 160GB??

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
psutherby
Linux User

Home 3.1 - HD Support >137GB?? Read F drive on 160GB??

Post by psutherby »

I have v3.0c at the moment with the latest magic patches, but still cant read my f drive - it just shows loads of folders called / and wont let me save anything there...

will v3.1 allow me to read and write to my f drive if I install on e - I have loads of movies and music on f and would like to read them from linux.

Can anyone (Shallax?) confirm if this will be supported in the new release or will I just have to try and see??

Thanks

Paul
psutherby
Linux User

Post by psutherby »

Installed 3.1 and logged in as root - can see the C and F drives ok, but when I open them they are 'empty'...

Is this because I have a 160GB HD?? Is there any way I can view the files on my F partition and save files to this partition?

If anyone can confirm if this is possible, and how to achieve this then this would be much appreciated - this is the only drawback on the system for me.
Bucko
Power user

Post by Bucko »

Best way I think is to have a G drive (youl have to format again :( ~ backup) because then F is 137GB, don't think Linux (or Loader) supports LBA48 though it works better if F is @ 137GB.