PHP-MYSQL

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
damnet
Linux User

PHP-MYSQL

Post by damnet »

hi ive just spent the last two days setting up my xbox with gentooX and it runs great so far its running apache php mod_php mysql qmail etc. but now i want to do a bit more, i have a forum on a remote server and i want to bring it to my xbox so ive copyed the forum across to the xbox and i went to setup and restore my database with phpmyadmin and i get an error cannot load MySQL extension,
please check PHP Configuration. now if im right this reffers to the php-mysql.so file. i have searched enlessly for it but have had no luck, when i was installing my programs i use emerge apache mod_php php mysql and done everything said in the tutorials... should mysql have been done separate??? as far as i know mysql is running fine from the command line.....any help would be appreciated...btw the xbox is hosting http://dnetproductions.com
------------------------------------------
What one man makes,
another breaks!
FOXTEL: A revolution is comming
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

Check your USE variable in /etc/make.conf you need to have mysql in there otherwise php will have been compiled without mysql support.

If it isn't add it in and recompile php and mod_php
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
Bucko
Power user

Post by Bucko »

Hey I have the same problem.
If it isn't add it in and recompile php and mod_php
Can you give me clear instructions as to how about doing this please, thanks.
Bucko
Power user

Post by Bucko »

nobspangle can you help me out? Really need to get MySQL and everything running soon, thanks.

I think i've figured it out, http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php? ... +extension here helped me. Trying it now.