Has magic been taking a long time for anyone?

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Schroedingers Cat

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

The first time I ran it the process only took about an hour, but I have since removed Gentoox twice and reinstalled, and both times the Magic program took forever (3+ hours).

Is there something wrong with the server ATM or is my system just trying to irritate me?
Code-X
Novice

Post by Code-X »

you sure it was magic, Could be Emerge Sync
Code The Future
lovin it!
Adept

Post by lovin it! »

lol
I ran magic one night...turned it on, at about 2 in the morning, and it wasnt done untill about 9 the next morning. But when it was all done, it was great :-)
also this was magic about 2 months ago, not the current version. But it always takes awhile...set it up to run while ya sleep.
roybotnik

Post by roybotnik »

the reason it takes so long now is because it downloads the new kernel...assuming you selected emerge sync(which you probably did).
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

emerge sync has nothing to do with kernels... just be patient, jeez.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
Shmio
Linux User

Post by Shmio »

Shallax, love you honey, but wouldn't a new release of gentoox help w/ the magic times...i have no idea how much work that prob. is for you...but can we be expecting one soon?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

1) Im working on one
2) Dont ask for a date (as ive said over and over), I dont give dates out.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
pinchez
Novice

Post by pinchez »

I wouldn't mind Magic taking over 2days to update as long as it worked.

I've not been able to get it to work no matter how many times i re-install it. I just get the Orange flashing LED and xbox turns off. I know it as something to do with Video settings :?

Oh well just gonna use the Gentoox without any updating till Shallax releases 3.1.

BTW anyone seen this "Xebian 1.0.1" as just been released. Whats that like? I only have experience of Gentoox