Performance? Install? bots, are you kidding??

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
LemonPie

Performance? Install? bots, are you kidding??

Post by LemonPie »

Hi, i finally made it here after trying unsuccessfully for 10 minutes to register. i must say, although your anti-bot capachas are probably effective against bots, they are probably also effective against people too. i have noticed that not so many people have posted in quite a while, if it weren't for my OCD style persistence, i would have gave up after the 3rd or 5th attempt. it could be my browser, i have had problems registering on other forums before. ( i had to use another browser ) however, i don't think so. just thought I'd let you know.

anyway, my original question was regarding xbox 360 performance and installation.

1) just want to make sure that i can install gentoo persistently, ie to the hard drive, and boot like a normal desktop; is this true?

2) what kind of performance does gentoo on an xbox 360 provide? obviously this depends on what cpu i am using, but generally, is it relatively quick? i was thinking of making my 360 a platform for cpu intensive tasks, such as video encoding and intensive hash generation. would i benefit enough from the 360? i am not expecting extreme performance, but how does it compare to a regular desktop?

thank you. :)
LemonPie

Re: Performance? Install? bots, are you kidding??

Post by LemonPie »

bump