need help with 480i and HDavpack

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
morrisx10

need help with 480i and HDavpack

Post by morrisx10 »

i linux on my xbox v1.0 and i use the HDavpack but my TV not support progresive scan. how can i force linux to work on 480i. because always start on 480p and i cant see anything.
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

As far as I know, you can't use component cables in 480i with any Xbox-Linux distro.
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

you have to use composite, rgb, or svideo if you want an interlaced signal, the drivers don't support 480i over component cables
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
morrisx10

Post by morrisx10 »

but this problem will be fixed?? please because i need the optical output for my dolby digital system, and i have to swicht cables to composite every time i want to use linux. a fix will be great.
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

Then your best bet would be to buy the Advanced AV pack (has S-video, compsite, and optical on it I believe), or to hardware in an optical out port so you use it with your composite cables. Otherwise, this probably won't be fixed for some time....
morrisx10

Post by morrisx10 »

yes that a solution but my TV only have component and composite inputs, so S-video dont work for me an the composite video its very low quality. anyway i guess that ill be switching cables for a time but hope that shallax fixed. thanks for your replys man.
Neisius

Post by Neisius »

I also would like to run 480i with component cables. Seems like there shouldn't be any reason for it not to work. I play xbox games/XBMC/EVOX with component 480i with out a problem. But when I boot up Gentoox with the component connected the screen scrolls diagonally, or if I boot up Gentoox with the composite and then switch to component it turns black and white. Kinda wierd. Hope there is an easy fix.