RC0 Says need DVD Remote Kit

Post information here about bugs - please remember to provide an accurate and detailed description and, if possible, steps on how to replicate the issue.
lotw
Pro

RC0 Says need DVD Remote Kit

Post by lotw »

In the README file it says that it requires the DVD remote to work, but I found if I plug in my DVD remote for the Xbox it will not boot. It will just sit at the BIOS screen.

Also a good screen calibration is needed. A must or the Media Center will fail.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

This is a bug with cromwell. For now (and I know this "Solution" sucks)... boot without the dvd dongle plugged in... but AS SOON as you see text scrolling on the screen, plug it in. It works fine for me here, maybe you have too many controllers plugged in at the same time? Or unsupported controllers?

The screen calibration is not a huge issue right now (at least for me). In future releases (once I get familiar with a good GUI toolkit), I will try and cobble together a proper calibration system.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
schvats

Post by schvats »

actually, screen calibration is a big issue for some people, such as myself. i'v e got a 16x9 hdtv and i can't read anything on the left side or bottom of the screen. :cry:
Twilek

Post by Twilek »

This cromwell bug has been around for a mighty long time, any chance that it will be resolved in the foreseeable future?
Maybe I am a bit naive but there seems to be a working USB initialisation code or USB stack (that is where the problem is, isn´t it?!) in the loader for the Xebian installation. Why not get ´inspired´ by it (and of course credit the coder in the readme) as all the software is open source :).
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Its a problem with too many devices being connected at once to the same hub, we definitely do need to get to the bottom of it.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo