New HDTV and Focus support

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
HotAZxBox

New HDTV and Focus support

Post by HotAZxBox »

I wanted to let you know that I, for one, appreciate your hard work! I am a newbie to Linux and have a v 1.5 box. I've read just about everything on your site and had Gentoox running before on it (minus console video obviously). I will be re-installing Gentoox when I get home this afternoon and will let you know if I break anything (being a newbie, I'm sure I will).

Again, thanks for your hard work!
HotAZxBox

"You know your in Arizona when you turn on the AC to use your fireplace"
agentdavo

Same here!

Post by agentdavo »

Well said. Where do we send donations, you so deserve something. Xbox linux would be the same wouthout you! ::: praise bit over :::

I'm just running magic to get the latest stuffs. I have a projector that can accept hdtv so i'll test xbvset. I'll let you know how i get on.

*** Shallax, i can give you ssh/vnc, and a webcam feed for testing if you like, over this coming weekend, as i'm not home. :-)

Davo.

Nottingham, UK.
HotAZxBox

Update from a v1.5

Post by HotAZxBox »

ShALLaX, I just wanted to give you an update on my experiences.

First, the issue you have fixed I see in other posts (the xbv update was over-written).

So, onto the second issue. The xbe has garbled video, obviously trying to run in a different video mode than the Focus allows, and also looks to get corrupted after a shutdown. Each time I shut down, I have to re-copy the gentooxx.xbe back to my e: partition. I've kinda gotten around this by using the Debian xbe (sorry).

And last, I still have a huge overscan issue. I know you don't have a v 1.5 (hopefully we, the v 1.4 and v 1.5 users, can rally to get you one) but I wondered if you had some guesses as to what I can do to try to over come that.

Be gentile with me, I'm a newbie to Linux and I am NOT a programmer outside of VB :oops:

Thanks again for your continued dedication to this project!
HotAZxBox

"You know your in Arizona when you turn on the AC to use your fireplace"
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

as far as I know there is no overscan compensation for the focus support yet
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?