PS/2 -> USB adapter not working...

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
J-Golden

PS/2 -> USB adapter not working...

Post by J-Golden »

I have GentooX up and running on my X-box but it won't let me use any type of PS/2 to USB converter for either the mouse OR the keyboard.

The keyboard flashes all three LEDs at me a few seconds after I press a key. When I say flash I mean some times it will flash once, others multiple times. And it is always all three LEDs...

Do I need USB specific devices for this to work or what?

BTW, I'm using GentooX Home ver. 3.0c

tankz for al the hard wok you put into this shALLaX!!!!!

J-Golden
Micro$oft is falling like the tower of Mordor, Steve Jobs will die at the hand of his lackies, but My Amiga will prevail, along side my M$-free X-Box...
J-Golden

Post by J-Golden »

it's all good. Had my room mate who owed me money buy a wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse combo last night ansd it worked like a charm. It has a decent range of abo. 10-15 feet.

I read others having problems with wireless USB things so I'll list the name and make of this ver. of Keyboard/mouse combo.

Company:
"MICRO" Inovations "Computer Products built to last."

Item:
Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse

Model #:
KB955W

Price:
$29.99 @ Wal-Mart

TANKZ and glad to be aboard!

J-Goden
Micro$oft is falling like the tower of Mordor, Steve Jobs will die at the hand of his lackies, but My Amiga will prevail, along side my M$-free X-Box...