Please let me install natively on my 1.9gb partition

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
¡Mysto!
Novice

Please let me install natively on my 1.9gb partition

Post by ¡Mysto! »

Please let me install natively on my 1.9gb partition.....please please please

As ViRAL said
about that hdd thing, i have the seagate 10.4gb, when i formated my f: it woz only 1.9 gb tho??? when i did a native(without bios) it had an error while extracting rootfs in stardust, i'm guessing cos not enough space. does 100mb really make dat much diff?
I am guessing there is a little fix we could do to one of the files (initrd?) but as a linux rank amateur I don't really know where to start, could anyone give us any tips please.
¡Mysto!
Novice

Post by ¡Mysto! »

This stuff in the requests forum basically seems like what I need.

viewtopic.php?t=202
ViRAL
Novice

native

Post by ViRAL »

hey mysto, do wat i did, ask ur parents 4 a bigger 1, i just convinced my mum 2 buy me an 80gig, so now i can do native, (i put the 80gig in my pc and put the pc's old 40gig in the xbox), if ur older than me and don't live with ya parents(i'm 13) just save ur money. it can't b that hard.......i'm 13 and i managed to buy my xbox and my first game......-ViRAL
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

You can already install natively to F: on a stock 10gb hdd. Ive done it on my xbox. It leaves you with 280MB free.
¡Mysto!
Novice

Post by ¡Mysto! »

ViRAL: I'm 23, and I still live with my parents, but they don't buy me hard-drives :( AND I have to pay rent :x

ShALLaX: Like I said in my first post I have the seagate 10.4gb and it tells me there is not enough space to do a native install. But also the partition only seems to be 1.9gb. I formated it with evox some time ago, I don't know if that has anything to do with it?
madskillz09022
Linux User

Post by madskillz09022 »

Viral im 13 too, but my parents wont buy me a hard drive. ur pretty lucky.
ViRAL
Novice

Post by ViRAL »

hey madskillz i just told ma parents i'd neva call them names and i'd be good at skool. then they got it 4 me. try that.

mysto: poor u, my dad always tells me if as soon as i'm 18 i gotta pay rent until i leave :( i thought he was jokin, mayb not.

shallax: with my 10 gig seagate that came with it i formatted with evox and f: only appeared 1.9gig in boxplorer and it also said can't do native, not enough space. is there any way i can make f: about 10gig and put the rest on g: or e:???

--ViRAL
madskillz09022
Linux User

Post by madskillz09022 »

hmm good idea, mayb next report card if i get all a's ill be like but i worked so hard to get all a's. :lol:
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

ViRAL wrote:hey madskillz i just told ma parents i'd neva call them names and i'd be good at skool. then they got it 4 me.
No offence, but you don't have to tell us that you're 13. We can tell. For example:

i r0x0rz t3h b0x0rz!!11!!111one!11!!!eleven i r t3h 0Ldsk00l!!1!!!!!!!!!!! neva f4k3 t3h fu|\|k 0n t3h |\|4sty dU|\|k ok got that understand I HAVE A PROBLEM EVOX DOESN'T WORK WILL YOU HELP ME CAN U GIVE ME HLAFLIFE WAREZ AND CD KEY I NEED TO TRADE SOME1 FOR A +9 LONGBOW CAN SOMEONE HELP!!11???!!?!?!?!?!?11/1/1/1/1??!?!? PM ME

Sorry if I was kinda harsh. It just bugs me.

EDIT: Sorry to drag /you/ into this, madskillz. :p
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
¡Mysto!
Novice

Post by ¡Mysto! »

Trodoor, What are you on?