WHICH BIOS?

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
rabbitstroker
Linux User

WHICH BIOS?

Post by rabbitstroker »

SO I'VE INSTALLED GENTOOX AND IT ALL WENT GOOD. WHEN THE BOX BOOTED UP THERE WAS NOTHING. EVEN THE GENTOOX BIOS LOADER ON MY XECUTER 2.3B LITE HAD GONE. SO I REFLASHED TO GENTOOX BIOS AND TRIED AGAIN. NOW THE BIOS SEEMS TO WORK AND SO DOES THE LOADING FROM FATX BUT WHEN GENTOOX FINNALLY APPEARS IT LOOKS GOOD AS I CAN SEE THE ON SCREEN KEYBOARD AND THEN 1 SEC LATER IT ALL FRAGS.
SINCE THIS, SOMETHING ELES HAS STARTED TO HAPPEN. IT'S TOO HARD FOR ME TO EXPLAIN(BEING A NEWBEE) BUT IT'S A DIFFERENT LOAD AND THE FRAGGED SCREEN IS DIFFERENT. I DID PUT THE STARDUST CD IN THE BOX AGAIN AND IT DONE SOMETHING DIFFERENT ON LOADING. EITHER WAY HAS NOT WORKED. I'M SURE IT'S BIOS RELATED. I EVEN GOT THE XECUTER PROGRAMMER SO I COULD EXPERIMENT.STILL NO LUCK. HOW COME EVERYONES GOT LINUX BUT ME. PLEASE HELP. WHAT BIOS AM I SUPPOSED TO USE?
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

First of all, I'm performing an act of charity responding to someone who types in all caps. This is my good deed for the day, people!

Does your xbox have a Focus video encoder?
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
rabbitstroker
Linux User

Post by rabbitstroker »

i've got a fucus encoder. last night in the early hours i finnally got gentoox to work . i used the xcromwell bios and it all was sweet. had full boot up. the problem is that i'd made a mess of the hdd with bits and bobs everywhere.so i reformated to start again. last night must of been luck. now the thing won't work again. keep getting fragged screen. i think i've done everything the same again but it's not working.it has worked so i know it works. got to be overlooking something. soz about the caps, but thankyou for your generousity
whats supposed to happen after the stardust iso installs and the box needs switching off? is gentooxx supposed to start?
rabbitstroker
Linux User

Post by rabbitstroker »

problem solved. gentoox works now i've got another box with a connexant encoder. laters
Taily
Adept

Post by Taily »

Well i saw this topic when you had posted it and i must say, i was too disgusted to reply

I wonder from where Trogdor pulled the power to reply..

rabbit, i mean seriously, guys like you are just way too dull, you shouldn't even run a linux if you are like that

I mean its documented everywhere, the current releases (or no, a new pro was just released with support) doesn't have focus support built in, so you have to ssh into it and finnish installations / run magic..

I wonder how many times shallax has got mail about this..

Seriously, you should consider SEARCHING around a bit before posting again..
And switching box just cause you couldn't get video output? thats just stupid
rabbitstroker
Linux User

Post by rabbitstroker »

i beg to differ bud, by swapping xbox's (i have 3) i can now run gentoox, if it works how can it be stupid. it's all part of the trial and error learning curve. we all have our own minds, some better than others. and to be frank taily, i thought your reply stank. i bet your the type of person to laugh at people less furtunate than yourself !!!
if this is the attitude of shallax, then it's a sad day
good bye and good riddence
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

rabbitstroker wrote:taily, i thought your reply stank.
This is pretty harsh, coming from a person who types like a 12-year-old AOL user.
i bet your the type of person to laugh at people less furtunate than yourself !!!
The only people less forturnate than you are Taily and me, because we have to read your incoherent blather!
good bye and good riddence
The feeling is mutual, I assure you.

Taily
Adept

Post by Taily »

Nice reply trogdor :)

EDIT: and just incase that guy ever comes back (which most leechers don't do after they have gotten their help, unless they get stuck again) i DO help people who asks for it, there are just some attitudes i can't stand when even the into they need is everywhere ...
Last edited by Taily on Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

Nice style, Taily. :P

rabbitstroker
Linux User

Post by rabbitstroker »

and it's info not into, thiko
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

rabbitstroker wrote:and it's info not into, thiko
Wow! I'd never thought I'd see a grammer nazi who types alternately with all caps, and with no caps at all, and with lacking and misused punctuation.