About "No longer a Gentoo developer"

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
Angel of Dawn
Adept

About "No longer a Gentoo developer"

Post by Angel of Dawn »

(Please excuse my bad spelling but its 3am here and my brain allready went to bed)

Dear Shallax,
i was really shocked that you have been kicked out as an official Gentoo developer. As you may know i am not involved in this business cause i am on the gaming biz, but in fact i can judge about this matter with my own eyes and mind.
I am sure i speak for the whole community which has been build up around your fantastic work on "GentooX": YOU are the man. Not the developers at gentoo, not the gentoo community. You have your own Linux with your own friends, your own community and your own support. And i will follow your Linux ways on the xbox wherever they will route to.

As i allready mentioned i dont know much about Linux developing. To be honest again i am really satisfied when my Linux starts and i see a taskbar somewhere ( :) ) but i think you allready developed so much on your own. I tried GentooX and i was really amazed. After that i tried the "normal" Gentoo and i could not recognize GentooX somewhere in Gentoo. I suggest you continue to develop GentooX and make it a whole new distribution which is completly independant from Gentoo.
See this whole issue as a chance, not as a punishment.

Best wishes for your future, Sebastian "Angel of Dawn" Pfaff
Bucko
Power user

Post by Bucko »

Awwwww bless shallax, just ignore the wankers.
Anastrophe
Novice

Post by Anastrophe »

Well said - indeed Shallax you ARE the man!

Good luck on your exams mate!
jledhead
Linux User

Post by jledhead »

the only issue I can see is them releasing an "official" Xbox Gentoo which will probably kill Gentoox off.
even if they did make their own gentoo port, I would stick with you (not that my vote means squat) as I am sure many others would.

They are just jealous of magic, I mean, can you blame them :D
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

I use Gentoo on a PC, and it is great. I use Gentoox on my xbox, and it is great. Please don't think anything less of the Gentoo community, because this is just stupid politics.
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
Angel of Dawn
Adept

Post by Angel of Dawn »

I am not against the Gentoo community or the Gentoo project. I am just for the GentooX community and the GentooX project ;)
Bucko
Power user

Post by Bucko »

Good luck on your exams buddy, see your doing quiet well already. Ive never used gentoo so i dont really give a fudge hehe. Only used Gentoox as it rocks.