ShALLaX: Laptop with win2k! shame on you.

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
scoobydu
Linux Expert

ShALLaX: Laptop with win2k! shame on you.

Post by scoobydu »

You could have saved yourself 60 quid, and used a decent OS on that laptop.

http://www.gentoo.org

:wink: :lol:
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

Real observant. Bravo.
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
scoobydu
Linux Expert

Post by scoobydu »

Trogdor wrote:Real observant. Bravo.
Oh gee thanks ... you mean you missed it .. well I am glad I helped you out there :wink:
Bucko
Power user

Post by Bucko »

Well your obviously very unsupportive. I don't think Shallax develops Gentoox on a bloomin Laptop running Win2k!

He runs Win2k for a reason, it's a very good and stable OS. Still supported by m$ and it doesn't contain all the bloatware XP has.

Perhaps he simply can't be assed to install Linux On Laptop and he also probebly has essential work applications that only run in windows when he needs his laptop at work. So stuff you.
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

mate

I think they were only joking, chill out
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
scoobydu
Linux Expert

Post by scoobydu »

Bucko wrote:So stuff you.
:wink: = joking :lol: = laughing

Now I really am laughing :D
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

You're actually all wrong. I develop on a laptop running Gentoo. I had just received the laptop the day I took the photo and it came preloaded with Windows 2000, I was also in two minds as to whether I should just return it since it was defective.

Its not a new laptop (of course I cant afford such a luxury), like I stated, it came from eBay... This means its an illegal copy of Windows 2000, but after a `dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda`, this was no longer an issue. I wouldn't have saved any money if I had said I wanted the HDD blank.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
scoobydu
Linux Expert

Post by scoobydu »

ShALLaX wrote:You're actually all wrong. I develop on a laptop running Gentoo. I had just received the laptop the day I took the photo and it came preloaded with Windows 2000, I was also in two minds as to whether I should just return it since it was defective.

Its not a new laptop (of course I cant afford such a luxury), like I stated, it came from eBay... This means its an illegal copy of Windows 2000, but after a `dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda`, this was no longer an issue. I wouldn't have saved any money if I had said I wanted the HDD blank.
So I take it you didn't find the joke funny then ;)
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Hehe, just trying to clear my name! I think WindowsXP is far better than 2k anyway.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
scoobydu
Linux Expert

Post by scoobydu »

ShALLaX wrote:Hehe, just trying to clear my name! I think WindowsXP is far better than 2k anyway.
I'm not sure saying XP is better than Win2k has cleared your name! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Ok, enough, I'll drop the subject .............