What type of files to download?

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
DarkManX4lf
Novice

Post by DarkManX4lf »

i got ya :)
DarkManX4lf
Novice

Post by DarkManX4lf »

one more question, if i start "emerge -u world" can i stop it by closing the terminal and if i started "emerge -u world" again would it start back where i stopped/closed it from?
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

if you close the terminal it will stop, however when you start compiling again it will begin compiling from the beginning of the last program i.e. if you stop it in the middle of compiling 5 of 9 when you restart it will start again from the beginning of 5 except it will say 1 of 4
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
DarkManX4lf
Novice

Post by DarkManX4lf »

ok thx, one more thing...when i leave my box updating, the screen saver comes up after a while, this wont effect the updating process right? like itwont make it low priority?
rocketeer
Pro

Post by rocketeer »

You mean the screen saver on your PC, right? If so, it won't affect anything on your Xbox.
DarkManX4lf
Novice

Post by DarkManX4lf »

i lost my xfce bar, all the icons were gone, but i i managed to get tht fixed, by searching the forums :), but i have another thing to ask, is there anyway to increase the font size in the terminal? cuz im using 800x600 mode and when i use the terminal all of the letters are blurry, is there a way to increase teh text size of the terminal? and also what is the best irc client for xfce? i tried to you ksirc but it would make the xbox lag when i use mozilla and stuff....
BigFisher
Linux User

Just a shorty...

Post by BigFisher »

This emerge-stuff really rocks :!: . I´ve seen faster but not so many better. ShALLaX must be for the XBOX what Torwalds was for the PC :!: .

And yes, when I´m at it allitle Q. If you run Mplayer and press F on the virtual keys it goes to fullscreen. Anybody knows how to get it back windowed :?: And please don´t say press the C-key :idea: cause I can´t get to my virtual keyboard when Mplayer is in fullscreen. If it´s possible I would be a happy puppy :P if someone could tell me how...
- Bubble oOoOoOo Trubble -
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

it should be possible to map it to a key combination on the xpad like the reboot and halt commands
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?