Diablo 2

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Rohan
Linux User

Diablo 2

Post by Rohan »

How would i get this game to work on the xbox?? I can get it installed perfectly but i can't seem to get past the insert cd error. I've tried using a no cd crack for it and i get a message saying error establishing API hooks

If somone has gotten this to work plz give me a step by step tutor on how to do this..

Thanks
kadrim
Novice

Post by kadrim »

d2 works nearly perfectly on the box

you have to install d2 on a windows machine, patch it up to 1.10, then get a crack and copy it over to your xbox

just run D2VidTst.exe and now you can play d2 :-)

if there'll ever be a crack for 1.10 with battle.net you can even play it over the internet.

Or you might just buy winex *g* only 5 bucks

btw. does anyone know why winex gets a garbled display wenn using 640x480?

if i set my res. to 640 via xbvset the everything is fine except that i can't play games using 800x600 *hehe*

if i use 800x600 via xbvset, evertytime i game tries to use 640x480 the screen is garbled again.

And final question: is there a way to tell wine it should preload some stuff or cache files?

In every Game right after the start all sounds will only be loaded if used, the same for sprites and other images.

that really slows down the first minutes of gameplay
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

kadrim wrote:Or you might just buy winex *g* only 5 bucks
Or free, if you d/l it off CVS.
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
kadrim
Novice

Post by kadrim »

you have to buy winex because of the copy protection of the game ( or you have to use a crack, i'm using cvs version of xbins )
Rohan
Linux User

Post by Rohan »

i manged to do that now but I can't seem to get the video test to detect a video card
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

Doesn't D2 need 3d acceleration?
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.