Booting

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
faisalkm
Novice

Booting

Post by faisalkm »

Is it possibile to boot Gentoox with out connecting any controller / connecting to the TV? I mean just the power and network cable. I wanna use it as a server. Thats why...B'cauz now it's not working for me if i unplug the xpad and the connection to the tv
fuz
Power user

Post by fuz »

... cant see why you cant ... boot with the tv and controller run the server app then unplug... even though you should be able to ssh to it with only the network and power plugged in

nb: the xbox will fail to boot past bios hardware check without tv plugged in sooo that might be the problem
127.0.0.1, wherever you go.. there you are!
rocketeer
Pro

Post by rocketeer »

The tv doesn't have to be connected, however the cable does. Or you could wire the correct pins (9-13, 10-14) in the Xbox tv-out jack.
Read more...
fuz
Power user

Post by fuz »

or that :P
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Nope, my xbox server boots fine without the tv cable. Literally, all thats plugged into it is network, power and usb cd-rw :P
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

ShALLaX wrote:Nope, my xbox server boots fine without the tv cable. Literally, all thats plugged into it is network, power and usb cd-rw :P
That's strange mine definatley won't turn on unless I have the AV cable plugged into the Xbox. The LED flashes green/orange and it just sits there. Maybe it's to do with the mod you have. I use the font hack so my Xbox essentially boots normally into the xbox bios then crashes and loads the other one.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Probably because youre using an old hacked bios, the original bios.. or somethin weird.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
fuz
Power user

Post by fuz »

just checked: mine boots without any connectors (power obviously :P) must be that you are using the font hack dude :wink:
rocketeer
Pro

Post by rocketeer »

Yeah I'm a font hacker...
faisalkm
Novice

Post by faisalkm »

I'm using the stardust bios 800*600. I cant turn on without plugging in the cable. I have a mod chip installed.
faisalkm
Novice

Post by faisalkm »

mine is not booting if i have the remote controller plugged in