Linux Education?

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
pOiNTBLaNK

Linux Education?

Post by pOiNTBLaNK »

Where is a good place to actually "LEARN" linux? I'm new to the linux scene and whould like to grasp as much info as I can.

Thanks in advance,
pOiNTBLaNK
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

I have learned everything I know about linux and unix in general from installing gentoox, playing around with it and then installing gentoo on to a PC.
Just running though the gentoo install will teach you heaps about linux especially if you start from stage 1.
I had tried using redhat before but that gets you nowhere as the installer does everything for you so once your loaded into linux you know no more than you did before you started.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
pOiNTBLaNK

Post by pOiNTBLaNK »

I've learned a little bit from GentooX which in my opinion is a great, great OS. I will try to experiment with Gentoo on my PC. Is there any places or maybe a FAQ that can give me more of a sense of Linux / Unix?

Thanks for the reply,
pOiNTBLaNK
Terra
Novice

Post by Terra »

Your next stop should be to consume:
http://www.tldp.org/

More filling *and* tastes great! :)

Also, make sure that you and Google become Zen, since a lot of linux is cross-referencing, correlation, and distillation of abundant quantities of diverse information.

~
Terra
~
pOiNTBLaNK

Post by pOiNTBLaNK »

Thanks Terra! :P
Sniper Fox
Adept

Post by Sniper Fox »

Trial and (many) error(s) is how I learned what little I know about Linux.

Don't be afraid to try thing, especially since the very WORST you could do is make GentooX not boot / start X. Considering the remedy for the WORST possible thing is just reinstalling... that's not bad!
pOiNTBLaNK

Post by pOiNTBLaNK »

Thanks Fox.