Display quality

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
bikr
Novice

Display quality

Post by bikr »

I am curious if anyone else has trouble with the quality of the picture on your tv when running gentoox. I love it and it doesn't bother me so much , it'd be less straining if I didn't have to squint to read some things etc.. I am running on a 50" projection TV and everything looks really fuzzy. Thinking it was the tv itself I tried with a 20" regular tv and had same trouble , I changed the settings a bit and still had same fuzzy results..

I did a live install of gentoox on a radio show also and experience similar problems , this was on a vga monitor through an adapter to change rca to vga signal. I started thinking that maybe it's the installer not the install haha.. so if you have any ideas about clearing up the picture let me know --Bikr
energyBB
Linux User

Post by energyBB »

Most likely you're using poor video cables or your RCA-VGA adaptor only supports composite RCA cables and therefore the image output looks like crap. Does it support RGB Scart (only handy if you live in Europe) or S-Video ? If so you might want to try those.

This is a nice site that tells you what display cables are best for you:

http://www.ntsc-uk.com/tech.php?tech=TvCompatibility